The Good Ole' Days

The Good Ole' Days
Me and my husband

Friday, May 23, 2014

The day that changed everything...




January 15, 2014. That is the day that changed all of my days to come. It is the day that Eric and I officially decided to adopt. We sat in the comfy seats at the adoption agency, nervous, anxious, and very excited, and we knew in our hearts that this day would be unlike any other. Deciding to adopt a child, our beloved son or daughter was an easy decision. Even though we knew that the process of adopting is one full of ups and downs. It is one that is rich and so beautiful that we feel it is important to share with everyone. One that is changing us day by day, as we find that our kiddo, even though we have not met him or her already shapes our days. Already moves us to tears. Already fills our hearts. January 15th it all became real, and I find my heart drifting to 1 Corinthians 13:12-13. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love." We see clearly and are known fully, and our hearts are filled with love. Love for a God that brought our kiddo into the world, and love that will lead and guide us in this journey, and a deep love already for a beautiful child for who we are waiting to share this great, deep love.

No comments:

Post a Comment